03 December, 2007

Ok back from Beijing. I'll post the pictures tomorrow and I think it will be the longest post ever in the entire history of this blog, mainly because of the sheer number of pictures despite the fact that the trip was super short (only 4 days and 3 nights in Beijing which is almost a 6 hour flight away) There will also be "exciting" videos but I will have to censor out some unnecessary audio and replace it with music.

In any case, my desire for weapons was almost 100% fulfilled at Bejing because I managed to get cold-steel swords. Mini versions. Still, good enough to cut you. I actually wanted this very nice sword at the Temple of Heaven which cost 380RMB, it was light, of proper length, and just like a long meat cleaver. Damn I pressed it against my fingers and the blade was real not some flimsy wushu sword. I wanted it but due to the fact it could possibly cause some "problems" at the customs in Singapore I didn't get it and settled for a taiji sword which was sort of like a pointer. The tip of the sword is way too blunt, maybe I'll file it to make it razor sharp.


And I didn't get to go to Mao Zedong Memorial Hall... argh. Maybe due to time constraints or perhaps there were too many people. I only got to see the outside. Didn't go in.

I also got my hands on two communist shows. "Zhude and Smedley" and "闪闪的红星" I'll watch them soon.

Ok that's about it for now the pictures tomorrow should do the trick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

1-2