05 December, 2007


Ok sorry this post is more than a day late, but here it is. Photos of my trip to Beijing. As well as detailed captions.

Arrival at Beijing airport. No aerobridge or anything, had to take the transit bus. Beijing airport is clean and left a good impression on me.
I've been to Changbaishan before
Some house in Beijing. Most Beijing people live in such houses I think
The restaurant. Picture's very blur, I know
Another blur picture. This was before the Shaolin performance. Bought a DVD there.
Busy roads
Completely frozen! It was the beginning of winter in Beijing anyway.
Another view of the frozen water body. This is outside the Forbidden City, by the way.
Old rocks. That's why there are so many holes. Hundreds of years old.
There were huge numbers of tourists. Koreans were numerous. There were also some Japanese. Europeans speaking languages ranging from French to Italian to German to of course, English were also everywhere. Not forgetting American tourists, both white and black. Singapore tourists were also there. There were also a surprising number of Indonesian tourists.
Another view of the Forbidden City.
Exit of the Forbidden City.
Tiananmen!!! The most exciting place in Beijing to be, this is an icon of Beijing.
A much better view. That woman on the bottom left was my tour guide.
Mao Zedong Memorial hall. Regrettably, I did not get to go in. Seriously, it was a waste!
Another view of the memorial hall.
Another view of the memorial hall.
A maze-like thing. This was for games. They would pour beer in it.
Some hutongs
WangFuJing street. Expensive stuff here, no point buying. Unfortunately I did not buy any communist books or books on China here. My mother wasn't very happy about it. But bought two communist movies here.
Propaganda poster-like poster. China has always emphasized the unity and harmony of its 56 ethnic groups, the majority Han Chinese and the other 55 minorities. Even though they are minorities, the population of the minorities are millions, millions! Check out wikipedia for more info.
View from hotel room.
Entrance to summer palace, on the contrary it is winter.
Iced river.
Beautiful view indeed. When the water is completely frozen solid, people ice-skate on it.
Friendship store, full of good stuff, cheap or expensive.
View of Great Wall from bottom.
Weapons. Impossible for most people to use though. Super heavy and big-sized.
View from the top of the Great Wall. Going up is tiring, but that is nothing compared to going down. Super scary.
Restaurant with stage.
Park near Temple of Heaven
Temple of Heaven itself! Built without a single nail.
Very cute ducks indeed
An accident. Bicycle collided with another bicycle I think. When I took this photo, my tour guide flashed me a very stern and disapproving stare. Didn't like me taking an ugly side of Beijing I guess.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/shiny_honda/S6002272.jpg
Last photo I'm posting but not least, the great driver, Wang Shifu! Skilful driver, very experienced. And very big sized as well. Taller and of definitely much heavier than me. In any case, this photo was took in a rush, which is why he looks a bit funny.

That's all then. Damn, I'm leaving Singapore to go there again. Damn. I hate it. Waste of time. Knn. Rather stay at home. CCB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

1-2