17 August, 2006

Today was an EXTREMELY eventful day, and this post is going to be a little longer.

First, TAF. Today I was slacking, haha. During PE I actually wanted to complete my 2.4 km, but Si Hua was not doing it, I told Mr Chew, he said, ''Okay, Ivan, join Edward house and play soccer.'' Good. But I had just had newfound stamina. I discovered a revolutionary way of running without wasting energy. It was amazing, I did 2 rounds pretty quickly and yet I was not out of breath. During the next 2.4 I will run that way. It looks like a cross between chicken and gay running, it may look peculiar, but it saves your energy.

Next, after school, Zhen Kai took my bag and put it near the stairs, and Jiawei, Bryan Ching, and Leonard Lim kicked it down like a soccer ball. I was not happy and when I took back my bag, all four of them came at me and Jiawei snatched by plastic bag of clothes. The pants came out and and Zhen Kai took it and ran. I was pissed. And I was mad. I took Zhen Kai's ball as a 'deposit'. Somehow the ball was in Bryan Ching's hands shortly after, but I was not interested in that, Zhen Kai had grabbed the pants and was escaping. I cornered him and pushed him against the wall. I think I really seemed like a gangster and bully, people who did not see what had happened before that would think I am the bully, when actually, I am the bullied. Great, Mr Chris Teng saw that, but I released my grip, and Mr Teng had heard the conversation. So he commented, I did not hear what he said, but it was probably something like, ''You guys are crazy, what are you doing.'' Never mind that.

Wushu training today was extremely special, and it was the most fun Wushu training session so far. What happened?

I'll talk about the not so important things first. I went armwrestling and beat most of them. One after another, I won, winning many Sec 2s and even one Sec 3. But when I went against Soo Yong, one of the strongest guys in Wushu, I lost, of course! I managed to put up a good fight though, managing to prevent him from pushing my hand to the ground and letting him win for quite a while. My hand was tired out like mad at that time. Yet I challenged another Sec 3 and was beaten soundly, but of course I would lose, I had just went for 10+ armwrestling matches, my hand was damn tired. Next time I would challenge them straight away and not armwrestle before that, so that I would not tire out my hand.

Okay, the good thing. Today was SanDa! What exactly is it? If you check Wikipedia, you would find out that Wushu has two parts - Taolu, and Sanda. Taolu is simply memorising a series of attacks. What matters is making it look good, look Mei Li. But in a real self-defense situation, the attacks are very impractical. Sanda is real time fighting. Damn shiok today. Sanda with Brian Wong, Ho Zhen Shen, this Sec 2 guy, and even Chun Kiat. The instructor never told us to do it, but we did it. Sanda both armed and unarmed. Unarmed fighting with Brian Wong was good, but he said I should attack more and not just block his attacks. Armed fighting was better. Used sabre, sword, pole, spear, dagger, and even the red Modern Dance stick (Wushu took place at the Modern Dance Studio because Sec Sch Hall occupied (O level) and Pri Sch Hall was occupied (PSLE). So went to MD Studio.) It was damn fun with Zhen Shen, he was taking double sword, Chun Kiat took the broom, Brian Wong took the red stick. Damn fun fighting. Brian Wong's attacks came fast and furious, I blocked, then it was my turn. Very fun, not fought for a long time.But after a while Brian Wong told us to stop as Sanda was not part of the school's Wushu curriculum. I listen to him, but the truth is, Wushu IS fighting. It originated as fighting, a martial art, and it should stay that way. Sadly, modern Wushu focuses on performance and not application. Brian Wong said that when we were Sanda-ing, it would be considered as fighting in school since it was not part of the curriculum. But still, it was a very fun experience, the next time we Sanda again I will take a video and upload it asap, it is damn funny but yet it is good exercise. Sorry Modern Dance, we took the dustbin and brooms to Sanda as well as Wushu did not have enough weapons. While keeping the weapons in the games equipment room, Zhen Shen and I had another round if Sanda. This time it was much more rough. I used twin sabres and he used twin poles. The sabres made a lot of satisfying 'cling clang' noises when smashed against the poles, but that is the way it is supposed to be used. It was very fun until the cleaning auntie came and opened the door for us to put the weapons in the room. The fun had ended. But I certainly look forward to more Sanda-ing on Monday. Fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

1-2